Published on September 10, 2012 | by LawNews
Call For Papers and Poster Presentations for 2013 Responsibility to Protect in Theory and Practice Conference in Ljubljana, Slovenia
Please find attached the Call for Papers and Poster Presentations for theRESPONSIBILITY TO PROTECT IN THEORY AND PRACTICE CONFERENCE that will take place at the Faculty of Law, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia onApril 11-12, 2013.
The conference is an opportunity for scholars and practitioners from a range of disciplines (legal, political science, military and security studies…) to engage in an interdisciplinary academic debate on the concept of Responsibility to Protect (RtoP). The topics covered by the conference include:
· Lessons learned from the current application of RtoP in practice;
· Interconnection of RtoP with the UN Charter;
· Veto in the UN Security Council – Other avenues for action to protect civilian populations;
· The RtoP and international criminal court – A partnership?
· Role of civil society in implementation of RtoP;
· Other examples of the need to protect the civilian population – is extension of the RtoP concept possible/desirable?
The deadline for abstracts is Wednesday, October 31, 2012.
Please forward the Call for Papers and Poster Presentations to your colleagues, students and anyone else that might be interested. Thank you!
Please address any further enquiries regarding the conference and the Call for Papers and Poster Presentations to R2P@pf.uni-lj.si.
Maša Koviè Dine