Published on April 21, 2014 | by LawNews
Prof. James Sample Named 2014 Teacher of the Year
Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs Herman A. Berliner announced on April 16, 2014, that James Sample, associate professor of law, is Hofstra Law’s recipient of the Teacher of the Year Award for 2013-2014.
Professor Sample will be honored during commencement on Monday, May 19, and will be recognized at the Hofstra University Gala on May 1 at the David S. Mack Sports and Exhibition Complex (North Campus).
The gala is the most prestigious event the University hosts each year and raises more than $1 million for student scholarships. For more information on attending, please visit hofstragala.com.
Including Professor Sample, eight professors were named Teacher of the Year for each University school and college:
- Ellen T. Frisina, Associate Professor, Journalism, Media Studies, Public Relations, Lawrence Herbert School of Communication
- Mauro J. Caputi, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Engineering, School of Engineering and Applied Science
- Sarah A. Novak, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Psychology, Hofstra College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Holly J. Seirup, Ed.D., Associate Professor, Counseling and Mental Health Professions, School of Health Sciences and Human Services
- Katie M. Sell, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Health Studies and Kinesiology, School of Education
- Elizabeth K. Venuti, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Accounting, Taxation and Legal Studies in Business, Frank G. Zarb School of Business
- James J. Sample, J.D., Associate Professor of Law, Maurice A. Deane School of Law
- William Rennie, M.D., FACEP, Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine and Course Director, Hofstra North Shore-LIJ School of Medicine