The Tax Law Society at Hofstra Law is hosting a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) clinic. VITA files tax returns for qualifying taxpayers who made $53,000 or less in 2014. Last year, 17 Hofstra Law students in the Tax Law Society filed more than 175 tax returns and secured $35,176 in earned income tax (refundable) credits for their clients.
This service is available on:
FEBRUARY 8 | 10 a.m.-4 p.m. | Room 242
FEBRUARY 11 | 4-8 p.m. | Room 206
FEBRUARY 22 | 10 a.m.-4 p.m. | Room 242
FEBRUARY 28 | 10 a.m.-4 p.m. | Room 303
MARCH 1 | 10 a.m.-4 p.m. | Room 303
MARCH 4 | 4-8 p.m. | Room 206
MARCH 8 | 10 a.m.-4 p.m. | Room 303
MARCH 22 | 10 a.m.-4 p.m. | Room 242
What should I bring?
- Last year’s tax return
- CDL or ID, Social Security Cards or ITIN cards for all family members
- All tax forms: W-2, 1098, 1099
- Information of all deductions/credits, e.g. childcare providers name, address, Social Security or Tax ID number
- Bank account number for direct deposit
- If married and filing jointly, both spouses need to be present
Appointments preferred. For more information, call 516-463-6401 or email email@example.com.