The Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University and the Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell are hosting a new national Medical-Legal Trial Competition on Nov. 16-18, 2018.
The competition features a completely new and unique approach to a mock trial competition.
Upon release of the fact pattern, a medical student will be assigned to each competing school to play the role of an expert witness. Each competing school will prepare the medical student for the trial, and the medical student shall be available to consult on medical issues. During the competition, the medical expert may be cross-examined on any material relevant to their testimony, including literature not contained in the fact pattern.
The three preliminary rounds of the competition will be held at the Nassau County Supreme Court in Mineola. Following the third round, a banquet will be held for all competitors and coaches, at which awards will be distributed. The semifinal and final rounds will be held at Hofstra Law School.
Hofstra Law is excited to host the competition but will not compete to ensure fairness to all.
Ten law schools are competing in the inaugural competition:
• Brooklyn Law School
• Chicago-Kent College of Law
• Elisabeth Haub School of Law at Pace University
• Faulkner University’s Thomas Goode Jones School of Law
• Fordham University School of Law
• Louisiana State University Paul M. Hebert Law Center
• Quinnipiac University School of Law
• South Texas College of Law Houston
• St. John’s University School of Law
• William & Mary Law School
For any questions about Hofstra Law’s Medical-Legal Trial Competition, please contact Jared Rosenblatt at 516-571-3461 or email@example.com.