Published on November 6, 2018 | by LawNews
Hofstra Law Ranks in Top 10 in 2017-18 Trial Competition Performance Ranking
Hofstra Law’s Trial Team is ranked in the top 10 in the 2017-2018 Trial Competition Performance Ranking by Fordham University School of Law. The ranking is based on teams’ performance in interscholastic law school trial competitions. For its performance during the past two years, Hofstra Law’s Trial Team ranked in the top 20, at No. 18 in the country.
The Trial Team’s highlights include:
• National Champion, Queens District Attorney’s Office Mock Trial Competition (See photo at top.)
• Regional Champion, American Association for Justice Student Trial Advocacy Competition (See photo above right.)
• Semifinalist, Buffalo-Niagara Mock Trial Competition
• Semifinalist, St. John’s University School of Law Peter James Johnson National Civil Rights Trial Competition
• Regional Semifinalist, National Black Law Students Association Thurgood Marshall Mock Trial Competition
• Best Cross-Examination, Buffalo-Niagara Mock Trial Competition
• Best Opening Statement, Quinnipiac University Northeast Regional Criminal Justice Trial Advocacy Competition
• Best Opening Statement, Texas Young Lawyers Association Regional Trial Competition
The Hofstra Law Trial Team is coached by faculty and alumni, led by Jared Rosenblatt ’03, faculty advisor to the Hofstra Trial Advocacy Association (HTAA).