Students in the Hofstra Law in D.C. (HLDC) externship program went to a taping of Meet the Press at the NBC studios in Washington, D.C., on Oct. 27 as part of their review of the role of the media in law and policymaking. The site visit offered a unique opportunity for the HLDC students to get a behind-the-scenes look at Meet the Press.
There are five students participating in HLDC this fall. The semester-long externship program offers third-year students the opportunity to work full time as an unpaid legal extern at an approved congressional office or committee, federal government agency, nonprofit organization, or public interest group.
HLDC students also take the seminar Law and Policymaking in Washington, D.C., taught by HLDC director and Hofstra Law alumnus Scott J. Glick ’81.
This semester, the HLDC students (left-right in photo) and their field placements are as follows:
• Charles Goodwin, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Office of International Affairs
• Zoila Sanchez, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of the Inspector General
• Ashley Pusey, U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Privacy and Civil Liberties
• Rachel Palmer, Alliance for Justice
• Laura Bellini, National Labor Relations Board, Region 5, Baltimore, Maryland
Learn more about HLDC on the Hofstra Law website.